"…the names of all the Gods have been known in KMT from the beginning of time."
Herodotus: "The Histories"
"TRUTH IS LIKE LIGHTING WITH ITS ERRAND DONE BEFORE YOU HEAR THE THUNDER"
"Do you not know, Asclepius, that Egypt is an image of heaven or, to be more precise, that everything governed and moved in heaven came down to Egypt and was transferred there? If truth were told, our land is the temple of the whole world."
Principles of Maat
Maat and Isis
The word, Maat translates "that which is straight." it implies anything that is true, ordered, or balanced. Maat was the female counterpart of Thoth [Wisdom]. We know she is a very ancient neteru because we find her in the boat of Ra as it rose above the waters of the abyss of Nun on the first day. Together with Thoth, they charted the daily course of the sun god Ra. Maat is sometimes called the 'Eye of Ra' or the 'Daughter of Ra'
(1). Control of thoughts
(2). Control of actions
(3). Devotion of purpose
(4). Have faith in the ability of [your] [teacher] to teach [you] the truth.
(5). Have faith in [yourself] to assimilate the truth
(6). Have faith in [themselves] to wield the truth
(7). Be free from resentment under the experience of persecution.
(8). Be free from resentment under the experience of wrong.
(9). Cultivate the ability to distinguish between right and wrong and
(10). Cultivate the ability to distinguish between the real and the unreal.
-Justice - Harmony - Order - Balance- Reciprocity - Propriety
42 Negative Confessions
1. I have not
2. I have not committed robbery with violence
3. I have not stolen
4. I have not slain men and women
5. I have not stolen food
6. I have not swindled offerings
7. I have not stolen from God
8. I have not told lies
9. I have not carried away food
10. I have not cursed
11. I have not closed my ears to truth
12. I have not committed adultery
13. I have not made anyone cry
14. I have not felt sorrow without reason
15. I have not assaulted anyone
16. I am not deceitful
17. I have not stolen anyone's land
18. I have not been an eavesdropper
19. I have not falsely accused anyone
20. I have not been angry without reason
21. I have not seduced anyone's wife
22. I have not polluted myself
23. I have not terrorized anyone
24. I have not disobeyed the law
25. I have not been excessively angry
26. I have not cursed God
27. I have not behaved with violence
28. I have not caused disruption of peace
29. I have not acted hastily or without thought
30. I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern
31. I have not exaggerated my words when speaking
32. I have not worked evil
33. I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds
34. I have not polluted the water
35. I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly
36. I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deed
37. I have not placed myself on a pedestal
38. I have not stolen that which belongs to God
39. I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased
40. I have not taken food from a child
41. I have not acted with insolence
42. I have not destroyed property belonging to God.
10 Commandments of the Torah
1. I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.
Maat and Hathor
Egyptian Divine Rule:
in Maat as the basis of their authority to govern, and the entire ancient
society was expected to uphold her universal truths. The laws, judgments and
sentencing of the guilty were all measured against her divine principles. Judges
Ankhenaten as Hu with revelation of the Aten
"Until the reign
Was the worship of Aten something new? No, it was not.
Aten= Halo or disk.
Madonna and Child with Halo
'Aten's origins are unclear and it may have been a provincial Sun-god worshipped [the Sun disk as an attribute of God, the largest thing in the heaven seen by man] in one of the small villages near
. Aten was called the creator of man and the nurturing spirit of the world. In the Book of the Dead, Aten is called on by the deceased, "Hail, Aten, thou lord of beams of light, when thou shinest, all faces live." Heliopolis
The Aten of Life
The term "Sun Worship" is an ignorant and short-sighted term the European Egyptologists use for the reverence of the Invisible God - in which the sun was his major celestial representation. [See my essay on Zoomorphism, Anthropomorphism, Iconography and Symbolism]
'Tutankhamen was born during the Amarna Period, when he was first known as Tutankhaten (living image of the Aten) but later changed his name, presumably to try and distance himself from the "Atenist" reigns of Ankhenaten and Smenkhara. His wife Ankhesenpaaten, who was one of Akhenaten's daughters, similarly changed her name to Ankhesenamun. Interestingly however, some of the most famous images of Tutankhamun and Ankhesenamun include the distinctive Aten sun disc with arms outstretched down towards them.'
Ankhenaten and Nefertiti bathed in the life-giving rays of the Aten.
"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness" Malachi
arise with healing in his wings," MAL 4:2.
Christian Divine Rule:
"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus [Is-su] every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth" (Philippians 2:9-10).
"God raised Jesus[Is-us] from the dead and "seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet" Ephesians 1:20-23. "
"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. Hebrews 1:3-4."
"But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the Children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name--Who owe their birth neither to bloods nor to the will of the flesh [that of physical impulse] nor to the will of man [that of a natural father], but to God." John 1:12-13.
Please read the essay : The Christ Within
Maat, Torah, Commandments = Law
So many of us do not understand
the power we have as Africans. We look to the West as the bastion of truth, when
we should look to the land of our ancestors. There, we will find the ancient
paths. There, we will find ourselves and not a foreign people. Let the
light of the God of our Creation shine on us. Amen
Essays by Ekowa©
To be continued...